Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Welcome to Sesame Street of Technology Learning

Bert and I

Photo attribution: Bert and I
originally uploaded by Dionna Harvell
Released under an
Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike License

Technology is fun, exciting, and a new wave of communication!  Remeber as a kid watching Sesame Street learning ABC's and 123's?  If so, then you probably remember the excitement everytime the theme song came on, and couldn't wait to see your favorite character on 123 Sesame St.  Educational Technology has given me that same excitement, it has opened my eyes to so many new softwares, I never knew.  Now that I have been introduced to these I just want to sit on the computer all day and learn more.  So, if technology has gotten me this excited about learning again after being out of school for the past 7 years then how can I get students just as thrilled about what there computers have to offer them?

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... thinking............thinking..............thinking..........
....................................????..............I GOT IT!!!!

Have you ever heard the term "A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words?" Well this is how I would get my students excited about technology.  Incorporating images into my curriculum can be a fun and innovative way for students to become more creative using programs such as Flickr, Picasa Web, and Photobucket and teaching them about copyrighting.  Since I am an engineer going into teaching I would use images to capture the finish product of a model, and have my students do reverse engineering to figure out how to deconstruct it.  I would also have my students create a step by step picture slide where the are using there thinking process to see how to effectively disassemble the model, fix the problem, and reassemble it.  As a fun way of getting to know my students I would incorporate the PLN, so that my students can be expressive and show me there support links (personal and technological applications).  Lastly, using images I would have them to research there favorite gadget on the market and using only images describe why they like this gadget, how has it advanced technology, and how can it be improved.  That's how I would incorporate images into my curriculum.




ethernet adapter card

Photo attribution: ethernet adapter card
originally uploaded by Beyblade Bladebreakers
Released under an
Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike License

No comments:

Post a Comment